"The Show Must Go On"
A masterwork by Jerome Bel that revolutionized the dance scene worldwide
Co-presented by Festival/Tokyo 11 and Saitama Arts Theater
Performers for the Japanese version wanted!
The performance of Jerome Bel's "The Show Must Go On" in Japan will be co-presented by Festival/Tokyo 11 and Saitama Arts Theater. This work created a stir in the European theatre world by radically questioning the principles of stage dance. After it's premiere in Paris in 2001, it toured more than 50 cities all over the world and has in the meantime become a part of the repertoire of the Lyon Opera Ballet. In 2005, Jerome Bel won a Bessie Award (New York Dance and Performance Award) for "The Show Must Go On". The piece gathers men and women of different ages and occupations who perform extremely well-known pop songs that almost everybody feels familiar with, on stage.
We are currently seeking performers for the Japanese version of "The Show Must Go On". Stage experience is not required. Desirable are people of different nationalities, ages and looks.
Don't miss the unique opportunity to participate in this piece that is highly acclaimed by theaters and festivals worldwide and has revolutionized the dance world.
Rehearsal and performance schedule
Rehearsals Oct 31 (Mon) - Nov 11, 2011 (Fri)
The detailed rehearsal schedule will be announced to successful applicants upon decision
Performances Nov 12 (Sat) & Nov 13 (Sun), 2011
Rehearsals and performances will take place at:
Saitama Arts Theater (The performances will be held at the Main Theater.)
3-15-1 Uemine, Chuo-ku, Saitama-shi,
7 minutes on foot from the west exit of Yono Honmachi-Station (Saikyo Line)
Conditions for application:
- People in good health (m/f) above 18 years of age
- Participation in all rehearsals and the two performances in the period from Oct 31 to Nov 13 required
- Ability to understand and communicate in English on a conversational level
- Ability to memorize the important phrases of app. 20 pop songs in English.
Remuneration: 120000 Yen (incl. tax and train fares)
How to apply:
Please fill in the web entry form for application or send the below information by mail:
2. Birth Date:
6. Telephone number (during daytime):
7. Nearest station:
8. Required time from nearest station to Yono Honmachi Station (JR Saikyo Line):
9. Occupation (if you are a member of a theater company please indicate your affiliation):
13. Clothing size: XS, S, M, L, LL, XL
14. Stage experience:
15. Special skills:
16. Reason for application: (200-400 Characters)
17. English level: (Please specify, in case you have obtained any language certificates. Please also indicate, in case you speak any other languages apart from English)
18. Full-body photograph
An explanatory meeting will be held for short listed candidates. The date and time of the meeting will be announced after the closing date of the entry deadline.
The final selection of the participants will be conducted by the director/choreographer by screening of application materials.
Number of performers: 24 (tbc). It is planned to select app. 20 persons on public recruitment.
March 31, 2011 (Thu) (date stamp is valid for applications by mail)
(The form for web entries will be open until March 31, 24:00)
Where to apply:
Web entry: https://qooker.jp/Q/ja/TSMGO/performer/
"The Show Must Go On" Recruitment
4-9-1 Nishi-Sugamo, Toshima-ku, Tokyo 170-0001
The result of the screening will be announced to the applicants in the first half of May 2011.
"The Show Must Go On" Recruitment
Person in Charge: Yuko Uematsu
E-Mail：email@example.com Tel: 03-5961-5202 Fax: :03-5961-5207 http://festival-tokyo.jp/